Manuscript Submission Information
Media Watch is a refereed international journal that publishes original papers on communication research, theory, and practice. Interdisciplinary or specialist papers are welcomed. Contributors should be familiar with the nature and scope of the Media Watch. Familiarity with past issues of the journal is essential. Accepted papers will be edited as deemed appropriate. Normally, the editor does not send page proofs back to the authors for checking.
- All contributions are subject to ‘blind’ review, so that, while the title page should contain the contributor’s name, institutional affiliation, contact details including their e-mail IDs of all authors , and the contributor should not be able to be identified within the text. The title of the paper should be repeated at the top of the first page of the typescript. Contributors will normally be informed of the decision of the editorial board within 90 days. Contributions should also be accompanied by a 100-150 word abstract and a list of key words for indexing reference.
- The Abstractshould be informative and completely self-explanatory, briefly present the topic, state the scope of the experiments, indicate significant data, and point out major findings and conclusions. Complete sentences, active verbs, and the third person should be used, and the abstract should be written in the past tense. Standard nomenclature should be used and abbreviations should be avoided. No literature should be cited.
- The Introduction should provide a clear statement of the problem, the relevant literature on the subject, and the proposed approach or solution. It should be understandable to readers from a broad range of scientific disciplines.
- All manuscripts must be submitted electronically (e-mail/CD) in MS Word attachment and must adhere to (i) Times New Roman 12pt. font, (ii) 1.5 spacing, (iii) justified, (iv) page numbers, (v) no paragraph indention, (vi) no identifying headers and footers are to be used in papers which are to be blind-referred, and (vii) double spacing between paragraphs. Authors are requested to ensure that their paper(s) adhere to correct and consistent documentation (confirming to APA documentation style), punctuation, style, format, and others before submission. To streamline publication, in fact, to guarantee publication of the paper, these are essential.
- Successful submissions generally run maximum 7000 words (excluding notes) for articles and research papers. Commentaries and short communication papers should be in between 2000 to 2500 words while book reviews should not be more than 1500 words. The entire manuscript should have one and a half-inch margin on all sides. Tables should be clear and understandable independent of the text.
- Authors are responsible for obtaining permission for including any copyrighted material that needs permission for reproducing previously published materials, charts, photographs, tables and images. Although contributing authors retain copyright, they give permission to Editor, Media Watch to reprint their published papers/articles in other electronic and print formats, including books.
- All authors must take public responsibility for the content of their paper. The multidisciplinary nature of much research can make this difficult, but this can be resolved by the disclosure of individual contributions. Careful reading of the journal’s “Author Instructions and Submit Manuscript” are advised. Any conflict of interest must be clearly stated by the Author(s). Author(s) must acknowledge the sources of data used in the development of the manuscript. If errors discovered in the manuscript after submission must be quickly communicated to the Editor.
- Do not embed images into Word documents. Photos and images should be sent in GIF/JPG format. Please keep the file size to a minimum. The softcopy of the manuscript has to be sent to the Editor, Media Watch by E-mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Author(s) should include information about research funding in all papers they prepare for publication
- Submission implies commitment to publish in the journal. Authors submitting manuscripts to Media Watch should not simultaneously submit them to another journal for consideration of publication, nor should the manuscript have been published elsewhere including in web form. All manuscripts are subject to review process by academicians working in the relevant fields. The editorial board of the journal will review invited papers, articles and essays.
- Submissions must be written according to the publication manual of American Psychological Association (latest edition). See: http://www.apstyle.org. Some common structures of submission in APA style is uploaded in Author’s Resources page of the website (http://www.mediawatchglobal.com/information-for-author).
Summary of manuscripts for publication:
Articles/Critical Essays: Manuscripts up to 7000 words which represent original work. Under this category, the articles/papers should clearly describe new and carefully confirmed results and experimental and methodological procedure which should be given in required details for others to verify the work. The length of the paper should be the minimum required to describe and interpret the work clearly. For proper referring and fast publication, the manuscript should be grammatically correct.
Research Reports/Review Papers: Manuscripts up to 4000 words which summarize original research work. Under this category, the authors need to submit a small investigations or giving details of new models or hypotheses, innovative methods, techniques or apparatus. The authors under this category of should present a complete study that is more limited in scope than is found in full-length papers.
Conference Proceedings/Analysis of a Specific Subject/Debate: Manuscripts up to 4.000 words which contribute to or induce debates and discussions in communication research. Submissions previously published in conference proceedings are eligible for consideration provided that the author informs the Editor at the time of submission and that the submission has undergone substantial revision. In the new submission, authors are required to cite the previous publication and very clearly indicate how the new submission offers substantively different contributions beyond those of the previously published work. The appropriate way to indicate that your paper has been revised substantially is for the new paper to have a new title. Author should supply a copy of the previous version to the Editor, and provide a brief description of the differences between the submitted manuscript and the previous version.
Article submissions received will first be screened by one of the Editor-in-Chief/Editor to ensure thematic adequacy, sufficient quality and style of the publication. All manuscripts will be subject to a well established, fair, unbiased peer review and referring procedure, and are considered on the basis of their significance and usefulness to the journal’s readership. If a manuscript is considered appropriate for review, it will be sent out to a minimum of two reviewers. The review process is mutually anonymous—Reviewers are not disclosed to authors, and authors are not disclosed to the reviewers.
The review output will be one of the decisions: Accept, Accept with minor changes, Accept with major changes, and Reject
Usually authors will receive the editorial decision within 6 months. The editors reserve the right to reject a paper, if it does not meet the aims and scope of the journal, technically sound and focoused, it is not revised satisfactorily, or if it is inadequate in presentation.
Checklist for the Authors
- Correct and consistent documentation (conforming to APA documentation style)
- Adherence to style guidelines
- Correct punctuation, spelling, and grammar
- Cover page information complete
- Formatted according to guidelines
- Hard copy (printed on paper) and soft copy (e-mailed Word doc) supplied
All correspondence including submission of manuscripts should be addressed to:
The Editor, Media Watch
S.C.S College Road, Near Amala Club
Puri-752 001, Odisha, India
Telefax : +91 6752-220088
Mobile : +91 94395-37641
E-mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org